Immediate start – Contract until March 2017
£12:00 to £14:00 per hour
Location: East London
Our client currently has 2 positions available for 1st line ICT Support, the post holder will mainly provide telephone support in addition to dealing with face to face technical support, as and when required. In all cases the post holder will consistently deliver a “client-focused” service which promotes good customer service and effective working relationships.
Successful candidates will initially be required to work 7.5 hours per day, 5 days per week on a shift basis, between 08:00 and 18:00 on weekdays. Though once trained, they will be required to work 7.5 hour shifts at any time during the below stated Support Service days and times.
Support Service runs 365 days a year: 07:00 – 23:00 Mon-Friday, and 09:00 – 17:00 on weekends and public holidays.
The person specifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience working in a similar IT support role.
- Impeccable telephone manner.
- Provide effective 1st line end-user telephone, email & self-service support of ICT systems; to include, but not limited to - Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite’s, off-the-shelf & bespoke applications, remote connectivity / VPN platforms, local / network printer support.
- Tenacious & comprehensive logging of tickets and timely resolution of 1st line issues.
- Answer & process 35-50 telephone support tickets per day, averaging a minimum of 200 per week.
- Remotely supporting end-users using available remote desktop software.
- Review incident tickets and respond to end-users appropriately and within established SLA standards; resolve open tickets in a timely and professional manner, ensuring a positive client experience and high First Call Resolution (FCR).
- Functional escalation of tickets to other support teams in cases where a suitable FCR is not achievable.
- Engage in proactive support to all clients in order to prevent reoccurring errors.
- Ownership of Incidents, service requests and problem management where necessary.
- Working as part of a team and actively promoting knowledge sharing amongst all levels of technical support staff.
- Creating and updating technical documentation in line with departmental guidelines.
- Maintain administrative tasks.
- To be aware of and abide by company policies across the whole business.
- Manage ad-hoc requests / task as and when they arise.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and deliver “client-focused” support in line with the company values.
- Working alongside several team departments, keeping the teams up-to-date as and when required.
- Active Directory administrative tasks, printer / print server management, mailbox & user account creation etc.
- Out-of-hours support & potentially on-site support if required.
- Machine builds & hardware/software installation in line with department asset management practices.
- Active involvement in departmental discussions and developments.
- Remaining up to date with the latest platforms & technologies in order to support new and emerging technologies which company will implement in the coming years.
Computer / Administration Disciplines
The post holder should have previous exposure and technical hands on experience of technologies such as:
- Microsoft Operating Systems (XP / Win 7 / Other)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange (2007 / 2010 / Other)
- Microsoft Office Suite (2007 / 2010 / Other