Band 6 Registered Mental Health Nurse (Community Psychiatric Nurse) needed in Nottinghamshire
4Social Work is currently looking for a Band 6 Registered Health Nurse to work in a County Dementia Outreach Service.
This role will be based within a multi-agency and multi-disciplinary team caring for people living in the community over the age of 65 years suffering from a functional mental illness and clients of any age suffering from Dementia. This role will work specifically with individuals in dementia registered homes.
This role will provide-
- Initial specialist mental health assessment for the client group which is evidence based and in line with Government guidelines.
- Care co-ordination in line with CPA/SAP
- Robust risk assessment in line with Government and Trust guidelines.
- Identifies areas for development and initiate service development in conjunction with other professionals in this area.
- Involvement in research, audit and development.
- Seamless service between primary and secondary care services.
- A nurse consultative capacity within a multi-agency environment
- Supporting staff, carers and clients in a nurse consultative capacity.
- Educating of other professionals and students within the Dementia Outreach Service and Community Mental Health Team.
- The provision of teaching to care home staff to develop understanding and management of challenging behaviour.
- To provide specialist advice and management strategies for behavioural symptoms and non pharmacological management.
- Management of complex cases.
- The support of homes around deprivation of liberty and capacity issues.
- This service assists in the prevention of hospital admissions by having robust risk management strategies in place.
- First level nurse with the RMN qualification
- Current NMC registration
- Mentor to student nurses
- Specialist knowledge of the nursing problems and issues associated with dementia in a residential setting.
- Ability to supervise/manage other staff (including students)
- Experience of audit
- Demonstrate understanding and involvement in the risk assessment process, having the ability to assess ongoing risks when working alone
- Demonstrate initiative responding to changing client needs
- Able to demonstrate meeting the requirements of CPD
- Ability to travel to different venues to make a number of visits in a day
- Basic IT skills
- The ability to provide specialist mental health assessments leading to delivery of evidence based nursing interventions to clients in line with specified standards.
- Ability to supervise and act as mentor and support to students of all disciplines and junior members of the team.
- Working knowledge of current legislation related to this client group.
- Ability to utilise junior management skills.
An enhanced DBS check will required for these roles. Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Health Care is an equal opportunites employer. For more information on this role please contact Ashley Ball on 020 8911 2914 or apply on line.
Recommend a colleague or friend to us we offer £250 bonus for each referral.