Permanent Supervising Social Worker | Fostering | Birmingham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Permanent Supervising Social Worker to work as part of a dedicated Fostering team with our client based in Birmingham.
The successful Fostering Social Worker will have experience of:
- To provide regular support via telephone and supervisory visits to foster carers, as outlined in companies policy, including annual unannounced visits which are all recorded.
- To participate in the recruitment of potential carers and identify training needs of foster families and deliver training as required.
- To undertake Form F assessments of potential foster carers and annual foster carer reviews and present these to the fostering panel in line with company policies and procedures.
- To ensure the necessary risk assessments are done for foster carers.
- To work in line with SSSC Code of Practice.
- To sit on a fostering panel as required.
- To take responsibility together with line manager for their own professional development - supervision, appraisal and training.
To apply for this role you must have:
- Relevant Social work qualification - DipSW, CSS, CQSW, PQ Award
- Post qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child care settings.
- A good working knowledge of relevant legislation including:- Children Act 1995 and elated regulations and guidance; in particular Guidance on Looked After Children Regulations 2009 and the Adoption and Children Act 2007
Salary is £32,000 per annum, including benefits.
The benefits from this client will include
- Contributory stakeholder pension scheme after three months continuous service.
- Income Protection Cover after 2 years' service.
- Flexible Working
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Contributory healthcare and dental scheme
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Social Work is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy and other similar vancancies around your area, please contact Wendy Moore on 0208 514 9165
Who Cares? We Do.