Immediate start – Dec 2016
£13:00 to £14:87 per hour
Location: East London
(Must have current valid driving licence)
Our client currently has an immediate positions available for 2nd line ICT Support, the post holder will mainly provide telephone support in addition will dealing with face to face technical support, as and when required. In all cases the post holder will consistently deliver a “client-focused” service which promotes good customer service and effective working relationships.
Successful candidates will be required to work 7.5 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience working in a similar IT support role.
- Impeccable telephone manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must have current valid driving licence.
- The post holder will attend site to troubleshoot as and when required.
- Provide effective 2nd line end-user on site, telephone, email & self-service support of ICT systems; to include, but not limited to - Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite’s, off-the-shelf & bespoke applications, remote connectivity / VPN platforms, local / network printer support.
- Provide 1st line telephone support as required.
- Tenacious & comprehensive logging of tickets and timely resolution of 1st & 2nd line issues.
- Technicians are expected to close a minimum of 20 (remote) 2nd line tickets per 7.5 hour shift. Field engineers are expected to close a minimum of 12 site visits tickets per 7.5 hour shift.
- Remotely supporting end-users using available remote desktop software.
- Review incident tickets and respond to end-users appropriately and within established SLA standards; resolve open tickets in a timely and professional manner, ensuring a positive client experience and high First Call Resolution (FCR).
- Functional escalation of tickets to other support teams in cases where a suitable FCR or 2nd line fix is not achievable.
- Maintain and oversee installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user workstations, hardware, software and peripheral devices, as well as manage tickets logged at the support desk, ensuring timely resolution in accordance with the agreed SLA's.
- Day to day support of networks, servers and other infrastructure including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco phone system etc.
- Engage in proactive support to all clients in order to prevent reoccurring errors.
- Ownership of Incidents, service requests and problem management where necessary.
- Working as part of a team and actively promoting knowledge sharing amongst all levels of technical support staff.
- Creating and updating technical documentation in line with departmental guidelines.
- Maintain administrative tasks.
- To be aware of and abide by company policies across the whole business.
- Manage ad-hoc requests / task as and when they arise.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and deliver “client-focused” support in line with the companies values.
- Working alongside several team departments, keeping the teams up-to-date as and when required.
- Active Directory administrative tasks, printer / print server management, mailbox & user account creation etc.
- Out-of-hours support & on-site support as required.
- Machine builds & hardware/software installation in line with department asset management practices.
- Active involvement in departmental discussions and developments.
- Remaining up to date with the latest platforms & technologies in order to support new and emerging technologies which company will implement in the coming years.
Computer / Administration
The post holder should have previous exposure and technical hands on experience of technologies such as:
- Microsoft Operating Systems (XP / Win 7 / Other)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange (2007 / 2010 / Other)
- Microsoft Office Suite (2007 / 2010 / Other)
- RSA SecurID or equivalent VPN software.
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS