Tender/Business Development Consultant
BBL Technical is a well-established Recruitment Consultancy operating in the Private and Public Sector supporting Clients in the Contracting, Construction, Maintenance, Local Government, Housing Association and Health Care sectors.
We supply a full spectrum of staff, ranging from Admin, Contract Support, IT Staff through to Engineering, Technical, Management and Construction Trade Operatives. We have operated successfully in both the Public and Private Sectors for many years. We are looking for a Tender/Business Development person who has significant experience of new business development in recruitment along with tender writing skills. You will be developing and implementing a company-wide recruitment strategy, dealing with brand promotion, tenders/bid writing working with senior management teams to review current and future tenders and business development opportunities. Your focus will be to manage the entire bid process including; customer pre-engagement, qualification, bid clarifications, win theme development and presentations. You will also be identifying win strategies and presenting them to management team.
- Account renewals and new business bids across Commercial, NHS, Central & Local Government.
- Primary customer contact throughout the bid lifecycle; pre-bid, clarification & presentation.
- Continually refining the bidding best practice methodology
- Networking with partner and parallel organisations
- To positively contribute to the development and refinement of Company's vision and strategy
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the company maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability.
- Contribute and facilitate the implementation of the company's strategic and operational plans
- Increase the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results
- Assist with Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Develop and assist with the Business Development function in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities
- Contribute and support our efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning.
- Produce industry specific market leading business documents which at every stage promotes and underpins the company's vision, mission and values
Knowledge skills & experience:
- Applicants must have previous Tender/Business Development Management experience.
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to plan, organise and project manage
- Analytical problem solver
- Client and customer focused in order to build productive relationships
- Ability to make reasoned and informed judgements and decisions
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent numeracy skills