We are currently recruiting for a Care Co-ordinator in a prestigious retirement village in Gloucester. You will be in charge of the continuity of care and support to Residents within the Village, and other service users within the local community, to ensure efficiency and reliability of all visits to service users, plus maximising the care income and working to model hours. To provide administration services to enable the Care Manager and Care Supervisors/ Team Leaders to deliver a high quality service.
- Administering the recruitment of staff team in accordance with ExtraCare's recruitment policy, ensuring all applicant paperwork is processed in line with ExtraCare and Statutory requirements, and is signed where appropriate.
- Checking of all ID documents against application paperwork
Checking of Rights to work in the UK/Work Permit/Visa/Home Office documents including Nurses PIN Number where applicable
- Arrange the induction for new starters and rota the buddy identified by the Care Supervisor/ Team Leaders and ensure the Care Supervisors/ Team Leaders are aware of their responsibilities for induction and on going training and development
- Maintaining a matrix of one to one supervision meetings
- Registering all staff for NVQ/ QCF as appropriate to ExtraCare policy
- Processing of all new business referrals, making visit appointments for the Manager, Head of Care/ Care Manager or Care Supervisor where referrals are received
- Assigning PSA/ RSW to Residents and other service users in the local community on a permanent basis, if applicable.
- Preparing staff rotas to match staffing to contracted service provision
- Maintaining all visit schedules to ensure all service user's calls are accommodated as per their up to date care plan and with the relevant resources
- Covering the rota to take account of all absences including sickness, holidays, training and TOIL
- Ensuring that all emergency calls are assigned
- Monitoring absence and ensuring all back to work paperwork is completed by the Care Supervisor/Team Leader. Alerting the Care Manager/ Head of Care of any periods of absence that trigger the sickness and absence procedure.
- Maintaining a matrix of pendants and emergency alarm usage
- Preparing of reports as required, such as monthly a report to compare staff hours utilised to the care income to ensure there is no shortfall
- With the Village Administrator ensure that all Personnel files or Residents records are accurate, hold relevant information and are secured in a lockable cabinet with access limited to authorised persons only - Manager, Care Manager, Head of Care and Administrator
To be fully responsible, conversant, and compliant with all ExtraCare's policies and procedures and the Quality Care Delivery Manual, ensuring they are communicated to all staff along with any changes which may be implemented from time to time. To ensure that all staff comply with any policies and procedures in place, at all times.
Must be willing and able to travel to other Villages, Schemes or Head Office for the purpose of training, development or for assistance as required
To train the Administrator in key tasks that have to be completed in Care Co-ordinator's absence
Any other tasks, duties or responsibilities that may be required from time to time, and necessary for the effective running of the service.
For any enquiries on this role please contact Hannah Dakers on 02085149132 or Jodi Hughes on 02089111080