Commercial Housing Officer / Estates Officer | Huntingdon
We have an immediate and ongoing need for Commercial Housing Officer / Estates Officer to join a busy commercial housing and estates team in Huntingdon.
You will be working as part of a team of housing / estates officers to provide front-line, customer-focused service to individuals and families experiencing housing difficulties, both in person and telephone, making sure that each individual receives an outstanding service from the Commercial Housing Officer / Estates Officer.
The successful Commercial Housing Officer / Estates Officer should be personable and able to engage with vulnerable people who have a range of communication and support needs, in a calm and collected manner.
Key Responsibilities include, but are but not limited to:
* Deliver professional commercial estates / housing management services
* Negotiate new and current tenant's rents and existing rent reviews maximising best return
* Grant new leases, renewals, licenses and agreements for the Commercial Housing and Estates team
* Advising tenants of disposal and acquisitions of new housing and estates
* Undertake property reviews and searches ensuring all commercial housing / estates polices are met and adhered to
* Managing, maintaining and producing reports for the Commercial Housing Officer / Estates Officers
* Deal with reports of abandoned tenancies, squatters and unauthorised occupiers of housing
* Prepare cases for court action and represent the organisation and housing and estates team at court and at evictions
* Deal with rent setting and payments, succession and mutual exchanges of housing
* To carry out regular estate and housing inspections
* To keep the organisation's properties, estates and facilities in a good state of repair and maintenance
* Ensuring any works are appropriate and cost effective
* Identify planned maintenance works and undertake day-to-day liaison with contractors, consultants,
* Residents and surveyors
Salary £31,000 Per Annum
Person Specification -
* Associate membership of a recognised professional qualification in Estates Management or Valuation or equivalent verifiable experience
* Valid Driving Licence
* 3 A levels
Knowledge and Experience
* Demonstrate knowledge of acquisition and disposal of property assets, valuations and compensations
* Have knowledge and experience of lease renewals, estates management, assessing risks and have a substantial knowledge of estates related legislation
* Be able to negotiate and influence stakeholders regarding complex matters
* Produce accurate and detailed valuations
* Skilled in using spreadsheets and database packages
* Ability to plan and create contingency plans for effective service delivery
* Strong communication skills, advocating customer satisfaction as key value
* Knowledge of basic building construction and common repair problems
* Knowledge and practice of housing and estates practices and procedures
* Knowledge and experience of policy and strategy development
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Social Work is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Commercial Housing Officer / Estates Officer vacancies in your area please contact our team on 0808 178 4445 or email us at
Who Cares? We Do.