Are you experienced in Domiciliary home care and looking for a step up?
Is a Field Care Supervisor role something you have been looking to get involved in?
Are you passionate about Domiciliary home care and looking for a growing organisation who can help your career progress?
I may have the job for you!
4Social Work are currently looking for experienced Care proffessionals to step up into a field care supervisor role in the Lambeth area.
If you have previous care experience, and you drive then i may have a permanent role that suits you.
The suitable candidate MUST hold an NVQ / QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care as a minimum and MUST be a car driver, due to the nature of the role.
This will be a full time role.
- To ensure a high quality care service is delivered to vulnerable people living in their own home.
- To monitor all care workers when visiting customers in order to maintain a high quality of service.
- To ensure consistent application of companies policies, procedures and approved practice and to promote the aims of the Company.
- To ensure all statutory obligations are fully met.
- To provide high quality care to customers of Right at Home in addition to carrying out supervisory duties.
- To help record all new care packages and changes to existing care packages on the system immediately they are received.
- To carry out unannounced spot checks on all carers on a rotation basis, when they are visiting customers at their homes.
- To carry out spot checks when a specific issues arises, as requested by the Managing Director, Registered Manager or Deputy Manager.
- To participate in meeting with a selection of carers on a regular basis to carry out supervisions.
- To work with the Deputy Manager or deputise for the Deputy Manager in their absence, as required, ensuring that the office runs smoothly and efficiently and that all care calls are allocated to carers.
- To report any concerns raised from spot checks or supervisions to the Deputy Manager or Registered Manager.
- To maintain up-to-date paper work in all customers homes particularly care plans and risk assessments.
- To maintain accurate records of all communications with Care Workers.
- To maintain accurate records of all communications with service users and about service users.
- To ensure that information relating to service users provided to Care Workers is appropriately destroyed or returned to the office when no longer required/applicable.
- Ensure all Care Workers submit accurately completed timesheets weekly.
- To participate in on-call duties as part of rota as required on any day of the year.
- To report any patterns of sickness/absence amongst Care Workers.
- To notify immediately, the Registered Manager AND the Managing Director of any Care Worker resigning or signalling their intention to resign.
- To record any incidence of late or missed visits and report such incidents immediately to the Registered Manager
If this is a role for you please contact Hannah London @ 4Social Work