Mobile Device Support Officer
Location: South East London
Hours per week: 35
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 08449 675 160
Our clients ICT Strategy division is actively recruiting for a Mobile Device Support Officer who will take ownership of issues relating to mobile technology and its application and seek solutions through personal research, liaison with external providers and other local government organisations. The Mobile Device Support Officer will lead on our clients drive to enable smarter ways of working through the introduction of mobile technology solutions while keeping corporate information secure. The successful candidate will, on behalf of and under the leadership and supervision of the Senior Support Engineer, undertake operational leadership of projects and project teams of various sizes developing whole organisational mobile solutions and vet any new mobile solutions prior to release into the live environment to ensure that they meet client and user requirements. The candidate will also provide first level support of all platforms (Android, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, BlackBerry); identify, report and solve problems or escalate to supplier if necessary; review new OS versions, updates and test new mobile apps; register, manage and retire smart devices in mobile device management (MDM) system.
- Minimum of A level standard.
- ITIL Foundation certificate and project management skills or certification.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative with accuracy and attention to detail.
- A commitment to improve the quality of service to the community.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work in order to deliver objectives set by manager.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing) and develop positive relationships that generate collaborative working, confidence and respect.
- Ability to develop practical and creative solutions to issues.
- Ability to ensure equal access to and treatment in employment and services, develop and implement perceptive and innovative approaches to positive action, develop policies and practices to combat unlawful discrimination.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours to meet the service requirements.
- Ability to promote and maintain high standards of professionalism, integrity and probity through personal conduct, use of appropriate procedures and compliance with standards.
- Understanding of Performance Management, able to define objectives for self.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of mobile device solutions and their application in a business environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the development and implementation of the policies and strategies that ensure the clients vision of e-enabled, seamless and integrated services are delivered.
- To deliver the clients Customer Focus Vision via the ICT strategy.
- On behalf of and under the leadership and supervision of the Support Team Manager to undertake operational leadership of projects and project teams of various sizes developing whole organisational mobile solutions.
- To implement the clients mobile strategy, working with company members and chief officers where necessary.
- To take ownership of issues relating to mobile technology and its application and seek solutions through personal research, liaison with external providers.
Technical experience in the following areas:
- First level support of all platforms
- BES12 and Blackberry support
- iOS, Android and Windows 10 Mobile
- Mobile Device Management – BES; MobileIron; Airwatch etc.
- User profile management
- Device maintenance and upgrade (iPad; iPhone; Samsung; BlackBerry)
- Ensure that an inventory is kept which details mobile devices in use across the clients which is regularly audited.
- Vet any new mobile solutions prior to release into the live environment to ensure that they meet clients and user requirements.
- To deliver a high quality, customer focused service, ensuring that ICT achieves its key objectives and targets in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To work across a very broad range of seniority (including Directors and Directorate leads) and be able to understand their mobile requirements and communicate our mobile vision regardless of their ICT literacy skills
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To carry out any additional duties not listed above as allocated by the Support Team Manager.
- To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by manager.
- Ensure all the services within the area(s) of responsibility are provided in accordance with the clients commitment to high quality service provision to users.
- Ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the clients Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation.
- To line manage the Application Support Analyst.
- To manage staff performance, attendance and absenteeism, and, where necessary, take appropriate action within the client frameworks procedures.
- To assist with the recruitment, selection of staff within ICT.
- To adhere to the appropriate staff PRAD mechanisms in place and ensure that the performance and development of all staff is monitored accordingly.