|Senior ICT Officer (DBA) |
Lambeth Council is constantly evolving as it modernises and improves its effectiveness and access to services, in part through better use of information and technology. Council transformation plans will require new information and technology capability to design services which are 'digital by default' and create a single, digital front door to our services.
ICT Services has a central role in helping to deliver these goals; we need enthusiastic, pro-active people to join our skilled team.
Our Database Administrator team supports the technology that underpins some of the council's key business applications, including housing services, social care, finance, HR and procurement across Oracle and MS SQL platforms. As well as supporting packaged "off the shelf" solutions, you will also be responsible for developing and supporting some of the key integrations that enable us to deliver services that are genuinely customer focused.
We are looking for an Oracle and SQL Server Senior DBA to join and team lead this important team for a three month contract. You will need to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server databases and the tools which are used to develop and support these database technologies. You will have experience in using these skills to provide appropriate support, advice and guidance to business users as well as delivering solutions for complex business requirements. Experience in supporting Oracle databases and applications would also be advantageous.
Contract Duration: Three months
Senior ICT Officer (DBA) - Job Brief
You will have experience in the following areas:
* DBA business as usual tasks including daily monitoring of systems, backups, monitoring system generated email for issues, ensuring daily clones of databases are successful, monitoring DBA & applications call queue and attending to user queries
* Database patching to apply latest CPUs, service packs and security fixes released by Oracle and Microsoft for SQL Server Databases from time to time
* Ensuring PSN and Government code of connection compliance. This will include review of vulnerability risk reports and provide remediation in the form of patches or work around fixes to the systems
* Performance tuning of databases
* Upgrade of the existing SQL 2012 cluster to SQL 2016
* Migration of SQL databases from SQL Cluster 2008 and other SQL 2012 installations to SQL 2016
* Assist and contribute in ongoing applications and database upgrades
* Liaise with other team members and stake holders to carry out responsibilities
* Technical knowledge transfer of work to other DBA colleagues
* Create procedural documentation of the work conducted
* Team management and leading the team with regular 1:1s and performance reviews of staff
* Attend team and management meetings as and when required.