Would you like to help Waltham Forest to create thriving, high quality, inclusive, safe and sustainable Early Years and childcare for the children of our Borough?
If you have the talent and ambition to support Waltham Forest to deliver new and improved services, an appetite for innovation and aspiration to make a positive difference for childcare providers and children we would very much like to hear from you.
The borough is growing and changing which bring challenges and great opportunities. It is culturally diverse and has a vibrant community, rich in culture and is at the forefront of regeneration in London.
The early years sector in Waltham Forest has seen significant improvement over the last 5 years, increasing from 64% of providers being rated as Good or Outstanding by Ofsted in 2012 to 90% in December 2016. We are very proud of this achievement and believe that the key to this success has been working in partnership with providers across the Schools and PVI sector and providing holistic support, information and training to providers across all aspects of running quality provision such as Teaching, Learning, Assessment, Safeguarding, SEND, Finance, Recruitment and Health & Safety.
The introduction of 30-hours of free early education for over 1000 3& 4 year olds children in the Borough by September 2017 is likely to increase pressure on settings, and require business skills to be developed and/or enhanced to meet those challenges.
The Business Consultant role is a key member of the team around the setting support model for Schools and PVI settings providing early years and childcare places and the will be pivotal in the development of 30 hour places. The role will be responsible for:
* Providing a range of support, information and training via a range of digital platforms, desktop assessments, on-site visits and one-to-one meetings, as well as a range of tools, templates and resources for new and existing providers around Health and Safety, Safer Recruitment, Finance and Marketing to ensure they are aware of and comply with DfE, LA and statutory requirements in the delivery of their services.
* Developing and implementing a business support, advice and training strategy and delivering or commissioning and contract managing training providers to deliver these services
* Developing and facilitating partnership working and system leadership to maximise on the wealth of knowledge and expertise that already exists across the early year's sector and share best practice.
* Providing support and guidance around the importance of regularly reviewing business plans, local supply and demand, and delivery models to ensure that providers meet the needs of parents and carers but also support sustainability and viability of their business.
* Provide support, information and training around financial skills such as occupancy levels, break even points, calculating unit costs, fees and charging policies and robust procedures to assist providers in sustaining their business.
* Contributing to the LA's childcare sufficiency assessment to ensure we have robust and accurate information to inform place creation planning
* Leading on and contributing to the develop of strategies which improve the quality of service provision by being a member of a number of strategic groups/boards.
* Producing and presenting a range of accurate information and reports to senior managers, external partners and Schools Forum
* Developing and delivering the early years and childcare marketing and communication strategy to ensure that parents/carers are provided with comprehensive and up to date information about childcare and free early education which increases the take up of places.
You will need to be:
1. Knowledgeable and have a substantial background in financial management and early years and childcare funding legislation.
2. Experienced in providing a range of business support
3. Composed in challenging situations
4. Able to multi task in pressurised surroundings
5. An experienced manager able to manage a team of up to 10 members of staff
6. Well organised
7. Able to communicate well and in a professional manner with internal and external partners, children, parents and other stakeholders
8. Systematic in your approach to managing your own workload
9. Able to meet deadlines set
11. Able to think and lead strategically and be an active member of the Senior Leadership
12. Educated to degree or equivalent level in accountancy or business
For More information, please contact Mumtaz Moosa on 0208 514 9147